BANANA FACELIFT

Banana Facelift

I just realized we purchased these "banana chairs"[@IKEA] 13 years  ago.
The simple timeless design, bright color and most of all the versatility is what drew me to them.
Incredible comfortable [ for gaming ] they have been used as a jungle gym [ balancing challenges], elements to build forts, step stool, side table indoors as well as outdoors.
Needless to say over the years the durable material had faded and our "banana's" needed a facelift.
It's been on my mental "to do list" for quiet some time and yesterday coincidentally on earth day I found the time to do just that.  "G" [ my better 1/2] did a bit of a spring cleaning recently and I found a few of his jeans that had not made the cut on my "workbench".  [ guess he knows I'll eventually would repurpose them in some way].

Warning !! You will not find a step by step description on how I went about recovering the first of the two chairs.*
 I want this to serve as an inspo to you that things once they become worn or outdated can still serve another purpose.
we four love our once yellow banana that got a "denim do " now. Let me know what you think!


* Because all I did is I took the original yellow cover apart and used it as a pattern for the new denim one reusing the old zipper as it was still in great shape.



By the way I have one more chair to go but have run out of material ....gladly taking denim donations!!


Comments