I fell in love

Beautiful tree



I fell in love with the most beautiful tree. [and it's NOT a palm tree :) ]
But I guess that's not hard when your living in LA. Right ?!
It was shortly after sunrise that morning when I stumbled across this thick trunk not quite awake yet. Looking up I saw it's expansive canopy. So stately. 
In fact it was so big I wasn't able to capture the whole enormity of it.
I've always had a thing for trees. Not entirely sure why, well not quite true I think I have an idea.  Trees with big trunks, roots that stretch out and seem to have a life of its own into the earth beneath, sturdy branches that reach high like arms reaching for the sky and a healthy crown that rustles in the wind make me happy. I find them soothing. This one as the day progressed gave shelter to many from the smoldering sun.  

Growing up a few steps away from a forest, climbing trees was almost on the daily agenda.
I remember seeing open meadows sometimes wheat fields and in the middle of it standing tall, a big tree probably a few hundred years old similar to this one. I'd imagine what it had seen over the years and the stories it could tell ....
An awesome  business down in San Diego called  "San Diego Urban Timber" [ I am not sponsored or affiliated with San Diego Urban Timber in any way] is dedicated to giving fallen trees  and demolished lumber a second chance. They make beautiful furniture and other products from wood that otherwise would have ended up in a landfill or maybe even ended up as mulch. Find them Instagram, on Facebook or at the link below
http://sdurbantimber.com/ourstory.html

Let's take care of our earth each and every day to keep beautiful trees like this around. So that many more generations can find refuge from the burning sun, kids can discover a new skill climbing its branches or just lay underneath and tell stories or find some peace and quiet.
An old friend of mine shared a video from the "World Economic Forum" a video on Japanese "forest bathing" and how it can improve your health. Here the link go check it out
http://wef.ch/2nWtXUR 







 

Comments