I got my Z's on ...

I unexpectedly had a day off this Monday. Since one of my most favorite people in the whole world "Z" also known as Zela is out of school for the summer [ 10 long weeks ] and had nothing planned - I got my Z on for the whole day. 

   Zela made breakfast for the two of us...

  then became a bit camera shy when I  took charge of the "documentation". 

 I had planned to take her to a pottery class at a realy cool studio I discovered two years ago. Unfortunately they were closed.
So we came up wih plan B. 
Next stop "Color Me Mine". After long deliberation on which "blank pottered subject " to choose to be "colored ours" we decided on two plates. 

Zela used masking tape to define spaces that she then colored in with pretty pastel colored glaze. 

I used different size brushes to "dot" a simple design with black glaze. 
Two very different approaches of designing resulted in what we think some pretty awesome pieces. Here the finished product that will always remind us of a day well spent. 


Comments