Time for

a hearty breakfast

It's mid week, my day off today. :) I was going to take a yoga class with Y this morning. But then our car a 1994 Ford Bronco our only & beloved car had to be picked up and brought to the shop. 
 I'm feeling very nervous hope it's not major and need a hearty comforting breakfast. 
For those who don't know me it is very unusual for me to have more than coffee and maybe some fruit before 10am especially in 80 degree weather. 
 Growing up the every day struggle of both my mom and dad trying to have me eat before school ended in 9th grade. When both finally gave up and figured it was not worth their energy anymore. 
Now that's some persistance, right?! 
Love you mom and dad ! ❤️
So against all odds I am cooking up some chocolate quinoa with a crunch. 
All the ingredients [ * Trader Joes ] were already in my cupboards. So literally just "threw" together what I had. 


• cook up the quinoa as directed on the package instead of using water I used coconut milk, mixed in 2 full tsp of cocoa powder [ Trader Joe's] 
•while the quinoa is cooking [write your blogpost ;) ] chop up the dates, almonds and cranberries 
• when quinoa is done cooking, mix everything together maybe sweeten with some honey to your likeing sprinkle with 1tsp of chia seeds & most importantly 
ENJOY ! Xoxo  

** Btw the leftovers also make a great snack when cold. 

Have a great day everyone make it a good one & would you please cross your fingers that old Bronco will be ok ?! Thanks xx :) 
 

Comments