LOVE / HATE


 when the weather gets cooler [ for about a minute ;)] here in LA  i love to sit with my cup of "something hot"  and knit. come to think of it my last knitting project is a a few years back. it's a cozy bat armed sweater with hidden front pockets.
one of my favorite sweaters ! * 



it was one of those "magical"projects. the type were you just start for the love of doing something creative and everything just comes together right. 
one day i walked into this tiny little Yarn shop here in LA and found a bag in the sales section of seven skeins of handdyed italian wool. as soon as i saw the skeins it was clear to me that i wanted to make something special with this yarn and for a change something for myself. i started looking for patterns but couldn't find anything I really liked. 
it ended up being my first completed sweater not using a pattern and just completely trusting my instincts. 
have i mentioned how much i love that sweater?! 
now to the "hate" part. 
about two month ago Y has asked me to knit her a scarf. no problem, right ?! 
well instead of knitting an ordinary scarf i decided i'd knit her a cable knit. 
man what did i get myself into? 
while cable knit  itself is not a hard thing to do it is the mindset you need to contain while knitting such a pattern. i found i can not sit and watch a movie and keep knitting. 
no, i actually have to pay real attention count and so forth.... 
anyways since getting started  i have unravelled the darn thing at least 6 times to correct mistakes. 
but i am NOT giving up!!  

yes, i took a break [ just not to give up completely] but have since picked it back up and gotten so far that she could wrap it around her neck at least once. isn't that a enough ?! ;)
ha, just had an idea - maybe i'll make an infinity scarf out of it. what do you think ?? any of you out there knitting at the moment and if so what??

keep your fingers crossed for Y and me that i will finish this knitting project before it get's too hot here in California. 






* will try to post a picture soon 

Comments